Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sock Knitting Books

Since dyeing sock yarns is mostly what I do at Purple Rose Fiber, it is no surprise I would be posting my favorite sock books here.
Sock knitting can be so addictive. If you have not tried it, you might want to. The only part that sometimes scares people off from trying it is the heel. If you take it one step at a time, you will be fine. I can post more about this in another later blog if people are interested.
Anyhow, here are some of the sock books I use on a regular basis.

Most are available at Amazon. I love to get my books there because they often have used copies. They also usually have free shipping if your ordering more than one book.
I love this interweave book "Favorite Socks " and return to it again and again.


This is another favorite. It is basic, so perhaps not so good if you like fancy socks. If you are a beginner at socks, I would recommend this one because it divides the project into three parts so you so you can work step by step as you go. There are easy variations to start with.


This is my absolute favorite sock book. It has lots of different variations from lacy socks to mens boot socks. A lot of the socks in here are knitted using handspun yarns. You would want to be comfortable with guage if you are not a handspinner. My copy of this book is not in pieces, I have used it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your comments. Thanks